Academia Sinica’s General Assembly is comprised of the following members: President and Vice-Presidents; Directors of Academia Sinica’s Research Institutes, Preparatory Offices, and Research Centers; Executive Secretary of the Central Academic Advisory Committee; Secretary General; and 21 research fellow representatives (seven representatives from each of the following three Divisions: Mathematics and Physical Sciences; Life Sciences; Humanities and Social Sciences).
In principle, meetings of the General Assembly are held once every three months. Interim meetings may be held when necessary.
The General Assembly enacts the following regulations:
- Operational Regulations for Academia Sinica Administrative Units.
- Guidelines for the Review of Initial Appointment, Renewed Appointment, Promotion, or Appointment as Distinguished Research Fellow.
- All regulations required to be passed by the General Assembly.
The following matters must be brought before the General Assembly for deliberation, examination and approval:
Research Fellow RepresentativesPrevious Research Fellow Representatives
- The Organization Act of Academia Sinica, as well as preliminary review of all amendments to regulations therein.
- The establishment of Research Institutes and Research Centers, as well as the preliminary review of their organization and reform.
- The establishment of buildings, offices, technology centers, research stations and thematic research centers belonging to Academia Sinica’s Research Institutes, Preparatory Offices and Research Centers.
- Approval of appointments for Distinguished Research Fellows.
- Approval of eligibility criteria and qualifications for all research staff above the position of Assistant Research Fellow.
- All committees established for the operational needs of the General Assembly.
- Important matters that impact the rights and privileges of all individuals employed at Academia Sinica.
- Matters delegated by the President of Academia Sinica.
No English ContentRelated Regulations
- The Organization Act of Academia Sinica
- The Organization Regulations of the Research Institutes of Academia Sinica
- The Organization Regulations of the Research Centers of Academia Sinica
- The Guidelines for the Review of Initial Employment, Renewed Employment, Promotion or Distinguished Employment of Research Fellows of Academia Sinica
- Operational Regulations for Academia Sinica Administrative Units
No English Content
Division of Mathematics and Physical Sciences
- Institute of Mathematics
- Institute of Physics
- Institute of Chemistry
- Institute of Earth Sciences
- Institute of Information Science
- Institute of Statistical Science
- Institute of Atomic and Molecular Sciences
- Institute of Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Research Center for Applied Sciences
- Research Center for Environmental Changes
- Research Center for Information Technology Innovation
Division of Life Sciences
- Institute of Plant and Microbial Biology
- Institute of Cellular and Organismic Biology
- Institute of Biological Chemistry
- Institute of Molecular Biology
- Institute of Biomedical Sciences
- Agricultural Biotechnology Research Center
- Genomics Research Center
- Biodiversity Research Center
- Biomedical Translation Research Center
Division of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Institute of History and Philology
- Institute of Ethnology
- Institute of Modern History
- Institute of Economics
- Institute of European and American Studies
- Institute of Chinese Literature and Philosophy
- Institute of Taiwan History
- Institute of Sociology
- Institute of Linguistics
- Institute of Political Science
- Institutum Iurisprudentiae
- Research Center for Humanities and Social Sciences
- Division of Mathematics and Physical Sciences
- Address：128 Academia Road, Section 2, Nankang, Taipei 115201, Taiwan
- Phone：Tel: +886-2-27822120~9 (10 lines)