Evaluation Guidelines for the Dr. Wang Shih-Chieh Memorial Chair Professorship, Academia Sinica
Approved on April 18, 2023
- Funding for the Dr. Wang Shih-Chieh Memorial Chair Professorship, Academia Sinica (AS) has been donated by the China Foundation for the Promotion of Education and Culture (US$15,000 to $20,000 each year, depending on the Foundation’s annual budget).
- The Dr. Wang Shih-Chieh Memorial Chair Professorship (the Chair Professorship) is awarded annually and only one awardee is selected each year. An individual may not receive this award more than once, unless exceptional circumstances exist.
- The research fields of the applicants should be in the social sciences. Applicants should be full-time AS research staff at the rank of Associate Research Fellow or above.
- Individuals can apply through submission or based on the recommendation of an AS humanities and social sciences institute or research center or the Chair Professorship Review Committee. Applicants should provide a CV, publication list, research proposal, and three representative publications. Applications are accepted at the beginning of each year.
- Awardees will be evaluated by the Chair Professorship Review Committee (the Committee). After applications have been received, the Committee should provide a recommended list of reviewers to the Department of Academic Affairs and Instrument Service. After peer review has been completed, the Committee should conduct a second round of review to select the awardee.
- The awardee is invited to serve as speaker at the Lecture in Honor of Late President Wang Shih-Chieh the following year.
- Should applicants or awardees be involved in academic ethics violations, their cases will be processed according to the “Guidelines for the Establishment and Operation of Ethics Committees at All Levels, Academia Sinica.”