Guidelines for Use and Management of Core Facilities, Academia Sinica
Approved on April 10, 2018
Amended on August 31, 2021
Amended on August 31, 2021
- The Academia Sinica Core Facilities and High-value Instruments Management Committee (hereinafter referred to as the Management Committee) has enacted these Guidelines to improve the service quality and utilization efficiency of core facilities, in accordance with Article 3 of “Guidelines for Core Facility and High-value Instrument Management Committee.”
- The term core facilities in the Guidelines refer to the shared research facilities that receive subsidy from the Core Facility and Innovative Instrument Program.
- Core facilities shall set the instructions for use and management and fee charging standards, which shall be submitted to the Management Committee. All users shall abide by the instructions when using the facility services, and pay the service fee according to the fee charging standards.
- Core facilities shall set up a facility website and an online facility reservation system for public use. The content of the facility website shall include service items, opening hours, facility location, contact person, contact information, instructions for use and management, fee charging standards, and schedules of technical training and certification courses.
- Services provided by core facilities shall mainly be sample testing, technical consultation, or data analysis. External users must sign a contract with Academia Sinica to rent or use resources related to core facilities, including space, instruments, equipment, and non- public databases. All external users shall abide by relevant instructions when using the facility services.
- Core facilities shall submit reports of service and performance on a regular basis, and the reports will be evaluated by the Committee. Should the Committee decide to conduct on- site visit, core facilities shall assist to coordinate the visit. The results of the annual evaluation shall be used as a reference for funding adjustment in the next year.
- Should the service performance of the core facilities be not up to expectations, the Committee may request the facility manager to propose an improvement plan, adjust annual subsidy amount, or terminate the approved projects in advance.
- Matters not covered in the Guidelines shall be handled in accordance with the relevant regulations of the Academia Sinica and the resolutions of the Management Committee meetings.
- These Guidelines and amendments thereof have been approved and promulgated by Academia Sinica Core Facilities and High-value Instruments Management Committee.
In the event of inconsistency between the English Guidelines and its Chinese version, the latter shall prevail.